The Outcome of Family United
Family lived in apartment for five months:
- First few weeks two instances staff alerted to doors opening late and night and found:
- Visitors in apartment
- Music playing
- Josh not in bed
- Strong smell of marijuana
- Did not find any illegal drugs
- Staff reported to case manager, but urine test did not confirm drug use by parents
- Julie and Devin warned, care reviewed with parenting coach, but able to retain custody.
- To date, placement has been successful.
Equipment = $2,880 capital cost
Sengistix monthly fee of $99.95/month = $1,199.40/year
Comparative cost of Josh in foster care = unknown